Wednesday serves no purpose other than allowing me to say “I’m over half way there!” later tonight. But now I feel bad, because why would I say something so mean? Great, now I feel bad for a day of the week.
Anyway, here’s some good stuff from the interwebs!
- I recently revisited The Handmaid’s Tale, and boy! I don’t remember it being so terrifying. (Why aren’t kids in school more disturbed?! Oh wait…) Here’s a great piece from The New Yorker on “Margaret Atwood, The Prophet of Dystopia.”
- “People Try Books For The First Time” Made me laugh.
- “Alt-right”, “sriracha”, and “Internet of Things” are among new Merriam-Webster words.
- Not book related, but equally important, WINE. I have a love affair with Oregon Pinot Noirs and really enjoyed this piece on the winemaking scene in Oregon. If you think I haven’t already started planning my trip to the Willamette Valley, we don’t know each other.
- Also not book related (not sorry!): PAKA, a fair trade and sustainable company, is empowering women weavers in Cusco. The name of the game is alpaca wool, and I can’t wait to get my hands on one of these sweaters. Check out their kickstarter here.